Two weeks ago I headed to the International Housewares Show at McCormick Place in Chicago. This show happens once a year in March, and is THE place for retailers to see new trends and products for the year. If you have never been to McCormick Place, you are missing out on the nation’s largest convention center. It spans four buildings and has 2.6 MILLION square feet of exhibit space. Gladly the Housewares Show does not take up this entire footprint, but it still spans three separate exhibit spaces and has over 2,000 vendors in attendance. With very careful planning (and being very blunt with vendors I wasn’t interested in) I somehow made it out in one day!
Not shockingly, this is a very overwhelming show. You get to the point where you ask yourself, “How many ironing boards/cookware sets/coffee makers could there possibly be in the world?” I’m going to give you the rundown of my favorite things!
1. The Kitchenaid wall of mixers. They do this every year to showcase their new mixer color of the year, and just make everyone who doesn’t have one want one. Eye candy.
2. Lori Greiner’s Shark Tank Section. I LOVE watching Shark Tank. My husband and I like to pick who we would invest in with our make-believe billions. It is really cool to see entrepreneurs living their dreams!
3. Umbra had some awesome display pieces for pictures and trinkets. I love these for my senior living clients. Some great ways to display the things they love!
4. Objecto Diffusers! I don’t know about you, but I have been dying for another diffuser option that wasn’t a white vent. Objecto has some sleek wood-grain options in more decorative shapes.
5. Creative Co-Op has a catalog that is about 5 lbs, so their booth only showed a tiny fraction of what they have available. I did love this cute display of their new vintage kitchen items!
6. Holster Brands. OK, I think this is my favorite product of the whole show. Holster Brands make these amazing little ‘holsters’ to hold anything and everything, anywhere! These holsters are made of silicone, and the flap sticks to any flat, smooth surface.
Besides the regular holster, they have a line called “Hot Iron Holster” for us ladies who need a spot to hold our flat iron or blow dryer, and a “Hobby Holster” so you can set up your craft table anywhere with spots for your hot glue gun and supplies. Look for these on our website soon!
Images via holsterbrands.com
7. The Kool Max Cooler. And lastly, my husband agreed to come with to this show because he is a food guy and there were some celebrity chefs doing demonstrations and book signings. This was his favorite find:
This Kool Max cooler is pretty amazing. Not only does it hold a good amount of beverages, it is also a sound system! It has an auxiliary jack, USB port, SD card slot, and Bluetooth capabilities, so you can listen to your favorite music off of virtually any device! You plug it in to charge it, and the battery life is at least 12 hours. Needless to say, my hubby is excited to try it out while tailgating this year!
The Housewares Show is always a fun, head-spinning time. Now that I’ve had a few days to recuperate, it’s time to place some orders for our website!