The Simple Home is seeking a passionate, driven and detail-oriented Design Lead to help us deliver on our philosophy of making senior living communities more beautiful, comfortable, and home-like for the residents who live there. We source home accessory and activity packages for senior living companies and their interior designers.
As a Design Lead you will work closely with our clients to understand their goals for a project and deliver proposals that will make their jobs easier. Your responsibilities will range from creating proposals to sourcing accessories to executing installs utilizing your creativity, attention to detail and exceptional design skills. You will also manage and execute incoming and outgoing requests for clients who regularly order standard packages. You will develop and maintain strong client and vendor relationships and be an excellent team player, jumping in to do whatever needs to be done to meet deadlines and achieve client goals.
Who We Are
At The Simple Home, we are a small team that works hard and have fun while we do it. We are all committed to doing what it takes to come together to achieve client goals and our company objectives. We work together and never hesitate to jump in when someone needs help or we recognize something needs to be done. We truly live our Core Values, which are at the heart of everything we do for our clients and our team members.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
A passionate, professional designer. You love what you do and your enthusiasm and dedication to your work is felt by those around you. You are creative, detail oriented and have knowledge of diverse design styles, and stay on top of trends and what is new in the market. As a professional designer you are skilled at balancing your clients needs and desires with helping them see possibilities in design to create a space that balances quality, creativity and functionality.
A people person. You are quick to build strong relationships and enjoy collaborating with your clients, vendors and your internal teammates, and have no problem maintaining client confidentiality. You are a good listener and have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate your ideas and vision.
A resourceful problem solver. You consistently achieve your objectives, despite obstacles or challenges that arise. You are solution focused and take action toward resolution, rather than dwelling on the issue at hand.
An exceptional project manager. You are adept at understanding and managing client expectations and managing all aspects of a project to deliver on time, on budget and in alignment with the client's goals. You are independent and self driven, organized and have excellent time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills and you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Willing and able to travel (by air with overnight stays) up to 50% of the time. In this role you will travel to client sites on a regular basis, plus go to home markets twice per year.
Passionate about making a difference in someone's life. The work you do directly impacts the residents of the communities we serve.
- A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- An Associate's degree in Interior Design or related field required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of design related experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Senior living experience
- Willingness and ability to travel by air and auto, with overnight stays, up to 50% of the time.
What You Will Do
- Build and develop meaningful client relationships and work closely to understand their needs and achieve their goals.
- Develop strong relationships with vendors. Manage and execute sourcing of various decor items for client proposals, as well as for standard accessory packages. Find items for reselection, as necessary.
- Manage and execute client projects from conducting site visits and creating project proposals to smoothly executing installs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on trends and new vendors through a variety of resources, including attending relevant trade shows twice per year. Share insights with other team members.
- Work with admin to upload new products to our website.
- Work collaboratively with the entire team. Proactively do whatever is needed to help out teammates and ensure project and company success.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Salary & Benefits
- 2 weeks of vacation
- No insurance benefits available
Cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this role. Applicants who do not submit both a cover letter and resume will not be considered for this position.