Product Sourcing Designer
Are you a designer who loves completing the finishing touches of projects? This is the job for you!
The Simple Home is seeking a passionate, driven and detail-oriented Product Sourcing Designer with an exceptional eye for design to help us deliver on our philosophy of making senior living communities more beautiful, comfortable, and home-like for the residents who live there. We source home accessory and activity packages for senior living companies and their interior designers.
Working closely with the owner, the Product Sourcing Designer is responsible for efficiently and effectively finding new product for our business to business website, as well as for client-specific requests. You will source products to create décor packages for common areas, model apartments, and memory care activity stations, as well as find suitable replacements when product in existing packages is discontinued. In addition to décor and accessories, examples of product include housewares, lawn and garden, hardware, apparel, children’s & toys, to name a few.
You will develop and maintain strong client and vendor relationships and be an excellent team player, jumping in to do whatever needs to be done to meet deadlines and achieve client goals.
Who We Are
At The Simple Home, we are a small team that works hard and have fun while we do it. We are all committed to doing what it takes to come together to achieve client goals and our company objectives. We work together and never hesitate to jump in when someone needs help or we recognize something needs to be done. We truly live our Core Values , which are at the heart of everything we do for our clients and our team members.
What We Are Looking For
A design-oriented professional. You love what you do and your enthusiasm and dedication to your work is felt by those around you. You are creative, well versed in the design/accessories world, are able to compile packages that look good together and you stay on top of trends and what is new in the market.
Detail-oriented and well-organized. You have a strong attention to detail, with the ability to source items matching precise criteria and appropriate for the application. You are well-organized and have excellent time management skills thus you are able to successfully keep multiple balls in the air without missing deadlines or confusing orders, clients and/or vendors.
A people person. You are quick to build strong relationships and enjoy collaborating with your clients, vendors and your internal teammates, and have no problem maintaining client confidentiality. You are a good listener and have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate your ideas and vision.
An ownership mentality. You are self-driven and can work independently in a fast-paced environment and consistently achieve your objectives, despite obstacles or challenges that arise. You are solution focused and take action toward resolution, rather than dwelling on the issue at hand.
Passionate about making a difference in someone's life. The work you do directly impacts the residents of the communities we serve.
What You Will Do
- Source various décor items for client proposals, in alignment with the designer’s overall concept
- Source décor for clients’ standard accessory packages
- Find items for reselection when backorders and discontinuations arise
- Attend trade shows to keep up to date on trends and new vendors
- Work with admin to upload new products to website
Experience & Licenses Required
- A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- High school diploma required. Associate or bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years working with home décor and accessories required.
- Senior living experience a plus, but will train.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Powerpoint).
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally, by air, to attend trade shows.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently as well as with an internal and/or external (i.e. clients or vendors) team.
Qualified applicants please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Product Sourcing Designer. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Salary & Benefits
- Dependent on experience
- 2 weeks of vacation
- Paid holidays
- No insurance benefits available at this time