The Simple Home is seeking a reliable, hardworking and well-organized Warehouse Coordinator to help us deliver on our philosophy of making senior living communities more beautiful, comfortable, and home-like for the residents who live there. We source home accessory and activity packages for senior living companies and their interior designers.
The Warehouse Coordinator handles day-to-day operations with a focus on efficiency and accuracy. In this role, you will be responsible for picking and packing orders, shipping, receiving, organizing and keeping track of inventory, and other various tasks.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- A worker with a sense of urgency and pride of ownership. Executing your tasks in a timely manner and of high quality is important to you.
- A resourceful problem solver. You proactively seek solutions to problems or obstacles and don’t let them stand in your way of getting your work done.
- Able to manage your time efficiently and prioritize and execute tasks with little oversight. You have a high attention to detail and exceptional ability to follow work orders and instructions.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, warehouse environment where you are constantly on the move. You enjoy physical work and have no interest in spending your day behind a desk.
- Approachable, helpful and a good communicator. You are a service oriented, team player willing to help others out in any way needed. You are comfortable communicating with clients and vendors via email and over the phone and have no problem maintaining client confidentiality.
- Able to regularly lift and move at least 50 pounds and be constantly on the move for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Passionate about making a difference in someone’s life. The work you do directly impacts the residents of the communities we serve.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel REQUIRED, other Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Basic knowledge of shipping systems such as UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Ability to work 8-4 Monday through Friday with ability to accommodate periodic extended hours during peak season with notice.
- Ability to work in a climate controlled warehouse environment, lift and move at least 50 pounds on a regular basis and be constantly on the move for up to 8 hours at a time.
What You Will Do
- Receive, stock, and re-warehouse merchandise on a daily basis
- Inspect merchandise to include checking for shortages and rejecting damaged goods
- Communicate shortages, damages of merchandise through proper channels
- >Pull, pack, and stage orders for shipment using work order or verbal instruction from lead person or supervisor
- Package material for shipment according to shipping requirements and/or customer specified instruction
- >Ensure that all product/shipping labels are clearly visible and legible
- Package outgoing product following all safety guidelines to minimize any possible damage of product during the transportation process to the customer
- Utilize proper pallet building methods for safe transport of product
- Use tape, sealing equipment, and stretch film
- Handle stock in a careful and safe manner; conscious of quality and eliminating damage
- Keep warehouse, including inventory, clean, neat, orderly and free of debris
- Maintain inventory of all products in warehouse
- Phone, email, and in-person communication with clients & vendors
- Maintain tracking documentation for all clients
- Other duties as assigned
Salary & Benefits
- $14.00 to $15.00 per hour
- 2 weeks of vacation
- No insurance benefits available